Generosity.org: April-July Charity!
Who We Are:
Generosity.org is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit humanitarian organization ending the clean water crisis in developing countries, one community at a time.
When Generosity.org first started, over 1 billion people did not have access to clean water. Because of the global commitment to ending the water crisis that number is now down to 663 million. This proves that progress is possible.[gap height=”15px”]
What We Do:
When Generosity.org first started, over 1 billion people did not have access to clean water. Because of the global commitment to ending the water crisis that number is now down to 663 million. This proves that progress is possible.
- Give Generously– Once a project is fully funded, we send the money to our implementing partners who have committed to using 100% of it to directly fund project costs.
- Target A Region– By targeting specific regions in each country, our local partners are empowered to build trusting relationships with every community. They have the local knowledge and professional expertise to select the best locations for each water project.
- Collaborate With Local Partners and Officials- We collaborate with local partners in the field to identify locations, collect data, and when possible, connect with officials to carry out the planning stages of each and every water project.
- Form A Water Committee- A water committee is a group of men and women who oversee the water project during and after construction. Each member is trained in maintenance and basic hygiene, and together the committee is responsible for keeping the water project up and running.
- Start Construction- Our implementing partners are experts in choosing the best water solution for each commuity – these most often include:Drilled Bore-Hole Wells
Hand Dug Wells
Rain-Water Harvesting Systems
Spring Protection Systems
- Hygiene and Sanitation Training- Clean water solutions have a greater impact when they include comprehensive sanitation and hygiene training. Our implementing partners are responsible for educating community members and appointing local health leaders.
- Report Back- In 9 to 12 months, once a project is complete, we provide a full report including the projects GPS coordinates, community information, and photos of the water project and community served – all connecting you directly to the people you’ve helped.
Please check out the generosity.org website at: http://generosity.org