UNICEF: June-July Charity!
UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) is a leading humanitarian and development agency working globally for the rights of every child. Child rights begin with safe shelter, nutrition, protection from disaster and conflict and traverse the life cycle: pre-natal care for healthy births, clean water and sanitation, health care and education.
Who We Are
- Founded in 1946 by the United Nations to provide food, clothing and health care to children after World War II
- Worlds leading advocate for children
- Active in 190 countries and territories, focusing on reaching children all over the world to overcome the obstacles of poverty, violence, disease, and discrimination.
- UNICEF is supported entirely by voluntary funds. Governments contribute two thirds of our resources; private groups and some 6 million individual donors contribute the rest through our National Committees.
What We Do
- Child protection and social inclusion
- Child survival
- Emergencies and humanitarian action
- Gender equality
Where We Work
- Central and Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States
- East Asia and the Pacific
- Eastern and Southern Africa
- Latin America and Caribbean
- Middle East and North America
- South Asia
- West and Central Africa
- Industrialized Countries
Please check out the UNICEF website at: http://www.unicef.org